“The remains of Vauquois are one of the seven demonic wonders of the modern age.” (John Mosier, The Myth of the Great War (2001), p. 139)
This website supports my translation of Georges Boucheron's L'Assaut: l'Argonne et Vauquois avec la 10e division, 1914-1915 [Assault: the Argonne and Vauquois with the Tenth Division, 1914-1915 (Paris, 1917).] To use the translation in my history classes, this website has
- the original Boucheron memoir
- my translation
- supporting materials such as maps, images and documents
- an overview and timeline of the Vauquois battle
- a list of some useful resources
- In the future, I also hope to develop an archival database of World War I objects from the local community.
About the project provides further information about this project and its author.